The investment in advanced technologies, equipment and strategies that contribute to the reduction of the environmental impact, inherent to the daily activities of our clients, employees and suppliers, is a constant concern at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel.
The building itself, previously unoccupied, was once a print factory. It has been totally refurbished, keeping its original façade (from the 18th century), typical from the area in which it is located. Therefore, Inspira Santa Marta Hotel is fully integrated in the surrounding landscape. Its design took into account the balance between people, environment and construction materials, assuring long term sustainability and the life cycle of the building itself. The type of illumination or the materials used, like wood and cork, are, in fact, marks of this course of action.
The inclusion of employees and their direct participation on the environmental management are equally assured by the Green Squad, consisting in a group of representatives from each department with the purpose of encourage, monitor and measure the progress of the sustainable actions implemented, ensuring their continuous development.
- 100% renewabel energy;
- Solar heater panels;
- LED and lower energy consumption lighting;
- Energy Star equipment;
- Lighting sensors;
- Card System Master Control Switch (MCS);
- Double glazed windows in all rooms;
- Lobby skylight with heat-reflecting film;
- Cork flooring rooms - which reduces energy consumption due to its thermal characteristics;
- Rockwool insulation;
- CO2 Emissions offset program;
- Building Management System (BMS).
- Flat mops cleaning system;
- Ecolabel and biodegradable products;
- Low flow aerators / Taps with sensors;
- Dilution control systems;
- Kitchen sewage is previously channeled to a grease separator chamber, which has a capacity of 400 meals per day;
- Dual flush toilets.
- Paper-free hand dryers;
- Beauty products dispensers;
- Recycled paper;
- Organic waste recycling;
- Waste sorting in all hotel operations;
- Paperless procedures (ex.:electronic billing and contracts);
- Water served in refilled and recycled glass bottles;
- Take back suppliers policy;
- Licensed waste operators.
- Choice for organic and local products;
- MSC certified or sustainable fishery (whenever possible);
- Protected Designation of Origin products (PDO, whenever possible);
- Endemic and national plant species;
- Sponsorship of biodiversity preservation actions (BIO+Sinta)